The church was opened on 5th August 1840 and consecrated on 28th November by Bishop Thomas Griffiths of London. We commemorate the opening of the church and give thanks to God for the priests and people who have gathered for Mass and the Sacraments in St James church during all of those years. We continue the tradition of the Benedictine Monks of Reading Abbey in celebrating our faith in Word and in Sacrament.
ST JAMES CHURCH 180th ANNIVERSARY
Jul 31, 2020 | Father John's Blog